The international component of education is important in Cyprus where international students receive a quality education in a secure, sociable environment at reasonable cost. They enrich the educational experience of Cypriot students and bring international elements to Cyprus culture. Permanent friendships and networks are formed between Cypriot and foreign students the cultural and trade relationships between our countries.
Reasons to study in Cyprus
• Good quality education
• Safe, friendly environment at reasonable prices.
• English is the main language
• Good Mediterranean climate
• Position at the crossroad of Europe, Asia and Africa
• Students can improve independence, maturity, an understanding of other cultures
• Students are trained to work in today’s global marketplace.
• Studying in Cyprus is a great experience
Entry to the programs offered by public universities and HE institutions is granted via the leaving certificate from a secondary education school or comparable qualification, and national entrance examinations.
The PITE needs a school leaving certificate awarded by a six-year secondary school and a good knowledge of your training language.
Unless you come from a country, which is a member of the European Union, you will need entry clearance issued by a Cyprus Diplomatic Mission in the country you are from, or the country where you are living, before your travel to Cyprus.
You have to check with the Cyprus Diplomatic Mission in your own country which entry clearance you need and acquire it before you travel. Without the correct entry clearance, you may not enter Cyprus.
Before your arrival in Cyprus
Before you leave your own country you need to check that you have all these documents:
1. Your original Bank Certificate for the payment of the academic fees and receipt from your college.
2. Your original Academic Certificates
3. Your original Passport. It should be valid for at least one year from the day of entry into Cyprus
4. Visa or entry clearance
5. Cash for the accommodation and other expenses
6. The health insurance is required. Please make sure that your college has made proceed your health insurance.
When you will arrive to Cyprus an immigration officer will ask for the above documents. Please note that you will also be asked for your fingerprints.
It is stressed because this is approximate information.
Immigration rules and regulations often change so you should not trust in advices from other resources.
You should always verify information on the above procedure at the Embassy of Cyprus in your country.